Tuesday, June 17, 2008

RM625 SUBSIDY FROM THE GOVERNMENT

I was angry and the people of Malaysia were also angry when our PM announced fuel price hike. To appease the Raykat (people), the Government has decided to pay-out a subsidy in "CASH". Owners of cars of up to 2,000cc, pick-up trucks and jeeps of up to 2,500cc can claim RM625 for each vehicle. For motorcycles up to 250cc, the owners will get RM150 each.

All you have to do is :
a) Go to any post office
b) Bring along your original MyKad
c) Fill up a prescribed form (provided by the post office).
d) Queue up and present this form with your Mykad to the post office staff.

The money will change hand (to you) after your thumb print is taken.

The payout at this juncture is for vehicle owners who have renewed their vehicles' road tax between April 1 and May 31 this year. For those who have renewed on or after 01JUNE will only be able to claim the subsidy from 01JULY 2008.

This morning, I happened to drop by Likas square. Seeing that the crowd at the Post office was not too big, I decided to join in to collect my money. 30 minutes later, my wallet was a little heavier with the extra RM625.
The Post office where I picked up RM625
Later in the evening, my wife and I had KFC chicken rice for dinner. It cost me RM9.90 per plate. Inclusive of tax, the total amount was RM20.80 which was equivalent to 7.69 litres of petrol

Anyway, it was not a bad dinner after all.

No comments: