Sunday, June 10, 2012

THAI DINNER FOR TWO

We decided to have our dinner at "Nok Thai" restaurant this evening. It's been quite a while  since we last eat out at a Thai restaurant.    
The shop's special - yam tidbits 

There so many choices in the menu - I was not too sure what to order since there were only two of us. I left it to my wife to order her favourite Thai dishes.    
The spicy green papaya salad. 
 Thai fish cakes with Thai sweet chili sauce.
 Green Thai curry, my favourite.
Fragrant and tasty pandan chicken.
Pineapple fried rice, the signature dish of this restaurant.
 Nok Thai is a small and cosy restaurant which can accommodate about 50-60 people.
Located at Block D, Damai, Phase 4, this Nok Thai is one of the two restaurants in the city with reasonable pricing. Definitely, a good and quite place to enjoy dinner.   

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Lousy service provided by this Nok Thai Rest, do not recommend anyone to dine there! Food was ok, just ordinary Thai food and limited Thai restaurants available in KK. Food is a lil overpriced for such small portions, but mainly due to the lousy service!

The chubby fat aunty, whom I believe could be the owner was so rude to customers! It is stated & printed clearly in their menu that "no additional charge for refilling" for chinese tea and plain water. Hence, we requested for refill upon finished ours. This server told us softly as if she was scared others would hear her that if I request refill again, they would charge us. I was shocked as isn't it free refill but I held back, it would be my last anyways.

I was shocked once again when they charged me additional for my drink despite it should be free refillable! So I asked the server and this rude rude fat aunty came and argued with me! I told her that your server only whispered to me if I requested refill you'd charge. She refused to listen and gave rubbish excuses, I couldn't stand and told her it is stated no charge for refill IN YOUR MENU!! Then she couldn't run away from this and told me rudely that, "okay okay lar!"

WTF***?! I took the menu & snapped a pix of the refillable words and guess what? Another server approached and told me, "you cannot take pix!" I have my right to take pix. Are they sacred if I'd complain with proof provided so threaten me that no pix is allowed!?

Other servers are generally okay, except for this chubby aunty and another impolite aunty. But still, I definitely wouldnt recommend such a lousy service restaurant to anyone and pls double check your bill if you happen to dine there!!! They are somehow trying to cheat extra $$$ from customers. A little here and there, it becomes alot! We shouldn't encourage such bad practice in the society.