Thursday, March 29, 2012

MY FIRST EVER FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX

It was my first ever Formula 1 Grand Prix at  Albert Park, Melbourne. I enjoyed an amazing afternoon. Thanks to my son for making the arrangement and accompanying me to such a fabulous event. 
From the circuit, we could see Melbourne City in the distance.
 
Plenty of space to move around as we entered from gate 4.

On display, were a selection of classic cars, of both road and racing varieties. It brought back some good memories especially the red Ferrari.
The beauty behind me.
The Grand prix was not only for the adults but also for the kids. 
A live band in action.

There were so many food and drink kiosks around the circuit but with long queues. My son had to line up for more than 30 minutes just to get 2 hot dogs and some mineral water.
Looked like the crowd was largely ignorant of F1 race. These were the families having a great time enjoying food and drink in this beautiful environment.  
                           
Like many locals, we opted for the grass mound closed to the track instead of the expensive "grandstand" 
A great performance by the aerobatic team of the RAAF Roulettes before the F1 race.
The RAAF was showing off their F/A 18 Hornet after the Roulettes.
Qantas has been associated with the Australian Grand Prix for over 25 years. The flyover of their B747-400 was fantastic. The aircraft flew over several times and it included some nice turns around the area.
Here came the F1 zooming pass in seconds.
It was spectacular to watch these F1 cars flashing pass at more than 250 mph near the track but it was also very uncomfortable because of the ear drum tearing scream of their engines. We watched them for about 10 laps and decided to call it a day.  
Looking for toilet ? Please join the line! 
Many preferred to stay away from the noisy track and watched the race on big screens  mounted in the park area. 

It was a day of speed, noise and heat but the atmosphere was overwhelming. Will I go for another Grand Prix again? Probably not. I had definitely experienced this once in a lifetime event and I am glad I did it.   

A very brief video of the F 1 race taken near the track.  

1 comment:

nelson said...

Thanks for share about Sports. I want to share more information about sports. I am sure you will be get more knowledge about Sports.
I am giving the information from Sports group. Grand prix formule 1 is very important part of doing a business. you can get the information about Sports from Sports group:
http://www.f1direct.net/