Wednesday, April 4, 2012

JAPANESE APRICOT(梅の花)AND SHIDARE ZAKURA(枝垂桜)

The Winter has come to an end in Japan and my friend sent me these beautiful pictures of the Japanese Apricot (梅の花) and Shidare Zakura (枝垂桜) taken near his home.
Not like the cherry, Japanese apricot doesn't have many flowers even in full bloom. 

 Lovely colours.
I was told that even many Japanese can not tell the difference between the Japanese Apricot flowers and the Cherry Blossom as they both come in a wide variety of colors, and both blossoms have five petals each.
Most Japanese Cherry Blossoms have pinkish white petals, but Shidare Zakura (枝垂桜)have strong pink coloured ones.   
By next week, I should be receiving pictures of the Cherry blossom. Will definitely share them in my blog. Thanking in advance, Miura san. よろしくお願いします!

No comments: