Friday, March 23, 2012

TAKING A BREAK IN MELBOURNE

My wife and I are on a visit to Melbourne to see our children. It's time to relax in this wonderful place and enjoying the local cuisines.   
 Flinders Street Railway Station
St Francis' Church is the oldest Catholic church in Victoria. It is located right in the city on the corner of  Lonsdale street and Elizabeth street.
It's opened to people for prayer on non-service days. 
The famous "Degrave" street, a popular place for fine dining and boutique shopping.
This guy was good in playing the "blue " - but look like, I am the only "fan" that afternoon!  
 Australian sandwiches are huge.  
 Take a break, take a  "flat white" - my favourite coffee.
             Orange Semolina cake.  
.         
We went over to the food section of the Victoria market and as usual, there were so much to see. The varieties of food on display was fantastic. 
Selection of local and foreign dairy products.
Pickles and Olives.
The pickled Octopus was superb!
BBQ Sausages are very popular - they are really delicious!
I could not help myself and bought one of this " Hot Dog" , a hot favourite of the locals and visitors alike.

On the second evening, we had our dinner at a German restaurant. I was told that this restaurant was one of best in the city.  
A fine German beer before dinner. 
I like the selection of our starters as recommended by the charming waitress.
The German delight - Pork knuckles.
Grilled duck breast with green beans, potato, mushroom and mashed pumpkin. 
Black Forest cake
Apple Strudel with cream and ice-cream.

I will put on a few pounds during my 2 weeks stay definitely but promised myself that I will walk a few kilometers more every afternoon to make up for it.  

No comments: