Wednesday, January 2, 2013

MY FIRST, KL LCCT AND AIRASIA FLIGHT

Last Sunday, I flew AirAsia flight from Kuala Lumpur back to Kota kinabalu. It was my first experience using the KL LCCT and AirAsia. 
I took a taxi from the City to KL LCCT which is much further than KLIA, at least by 20 km. On arrival at the LCCT, traffic was chaotic - I did not see any police controlling the traffic.  
 The whole terminal was crowded as I made my way to the departure area.
The "drop bag" counters were jammed with people. Fortunately, I did not have to queue since I have no check-in baggage. 
 The departure hall.
"Massage" chairs are available in the departure hall but I did not see any body using them which cost RM1.00 for a 3 minutes or RM5 for 15 minutes. 
While waiting for my departure flight, I took some pictures of the colourful Air Asia aircrafts arriving and departing.
There is no aerobridge or apron bus service for boarding. All passengers have to walk quite a distance to the aircrafts. There were some confusion during my boarding as there were 3 other flights boarding at the same time and the aircrafts were parked next to each other. The ground crew at the apron had a hard time directing the passengers.
The KL LCCT in the back ground as our aircraft was taxing to the runway.               
 The A320 cabin is single-aisle with  3 + 3 seatings.  
For passengers who did not purchase their meals at the time of booking, they could still do so  as per menu on board but subject to availability.
I opted for the Nasi Lemak. 
The taste was OK and the portion was similar to those served by Malaysia Airlines. 
I was surprised that AirAsia, being a budget airlines has their Skyshop selling some of the branded items.. 
Approaching Kota Kinabalu runway for landing - passing Gaya Island.  
It was a smooth 2 hours and 30 minutes flight. To me it was a comfortable flight as I had 3 seats to myself since the aircraft was not full. I may fly AirAsia again when the new LCCT is completed by mid 2013. It's a real hassle to use the present LCCT as it is so crowded especially at the check-in and drop bag counters. Boarding process is another laidback. The AirAsia fares are not really cheap.They are compatible to other regional airlines when booking and purchase is done in advance online.     




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mr Wong, thank you for sharing and the informative post. Warmest regards. Benedict.