Thursday, September 2, 2010

TEE-OFF AT DAWN

Just because I accepted a challenge from my friends to tee-off at dawn, I dragged myself out of bed at 05:30 this morning. I am no early bird and seldom get up that early. It was early dawn before sunrise as I made my way to the Sabah Golf and Country club.
Mt.Kinabalu at dawn from the club house.The cool, gentle morning breeze from the fairway was refreshing. The sunrise view of Mt.Kinabalu from the 1st green.It was brighter as we reached the 2nd tee-box. The early birds in the course !
The well maintained fairways and greens especially this 7th hole - a 395 meters, index 6 Par 4 . Mt.Kinabalu in all its splendour from the 9th tee-box.
The approach shot to this Par 4 "dogleg-right" green at 9th is usually difficult as it is protected by water hazards and a bunker. My friend was preparing to take his 2nd shoot.
I enjoyed this morning session. Tee-off at dawn was rewarding - no sweat and hot sun. Besides, breakfast was on my friends ! I look forward for the next challenge.

No comments: