Wednesday, July 28, 2010

UPDATE FROM JAPAN - SADO ISLAND "佐渡島"

My friend, Miura san who just returned from Sado island sent me some beautiful pictures. This island is located in the Japan sea about 35km off the coast of Niigata Prefecture.There are regular car ferries and the high speed jetfoils from/to Niigata . The car ferry takes about 2 and half hours oneway while it is only an hour ride on the jetfoil.
Sado island is a perfect destination to discover the unspoiled beauty of Japan. Clear water, panoramic views, undisturbed nature, and the unique cultural traditions.
Rocky coastline and natural scenery.
Back to the histroy, "Gold" was found on this island back in 1601. People rushed to this island for gold but now people from the main land of Japan come here to relax and getway from hectic rush of the city life.
There are many places of interest which include the Sado Kinzan Gold Mine, Museum Shukunegi, temples and shrines. I shall visit this beautiful island on my next trip to Japan and I am sure Miura san will be my "guide" to explore the whole island.

No comments: