Monday, July 6, 2009

TANJUNG ARU BEACH

Tanjung beach is located about 10-15 minutes drive south of Kota Kinabalu city. It is a popular place for the locals especially during weekends when faimlies and friends come together to relax, swin and enjoy the sea breeze. There are many hawker stalls, serving a variety of food. Last week, after visiting a friend at the Tanjung Aru Beach Resort, I drove over to the beach to buy some young coconuts. I was surprised that I have to pay to use the carpark (on a public beach?). I have actually not visited this beach since the local government last upgraded the area. The beach was quite empty since it was a weekday. I noticed that the pavement along the beach clean and well maintained.


The coconut stall - the current price is RM3.5 each

These are my favourites: steamed sweet corns and peanuts.

The durian stall The view of Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine park's islands from the beach front.
This is one of the best place to watch sunset in Kota Kinabalu.

1 comment:

Susan and Richard said...

Mr. Wong, you make me miss the soto ayam at the Malay stall. You should try it, challenging your best of the best.