Thursday, July 2, 2009

THE BIGGEST INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER IN MALAYSIA

It will be a bad day if the DSL of this modern continues to blink when I start my computer. It means that I will not be able to connect to the internet. This has happened many times after I bought the broadband package from TM NET, the biggest internet service provider in Malaysia years ago. In the past when this happened, their customer and technical services crew could rectify the problem within 48 hours. Last Friday, 26 June, the same problem occurred and I called their customer services for help. As usual, they instructed me to do the several steps, like switching on/off the modern and enter certain technical codings to the selected pages. However, it did not work and finally they gave me a "Report Number" and promised to rectify the problem soon. Nothing happened after 2 days, I called them again to inquire about the progress. I was told to wait as they were looking into the problem. It was a long frustrating "wait" as I was unable to read newspapers and communicate with my friends throughout the world. No body in their customer service center could tell me exactly when the connection could be restored. After presurring them every day over the phone, finally on 02July, a local TM net technical staff called my house phone at about 09:30 and inform us that he would check the telephone line in their "station". Just like that, at about 10:45 same morning, the DSL light stopped blinking and I got the connection.

TM Net claimed to be the strongest and biggest Internet broadband provider in Malaysia and yet it took them almost a week just to check a telephone line.

No comments: