Saturday, September 10, 2016

BIRD WATCHING AT HOME

Growing up in the interior of Borneo, I used to spent a lot of time in the wild. I enjoyed trapping  birds and keeping them as pets. Retired now and living in the urban city of Kota Kinabalu, I have been able to enjoy bird watching in my garden. I discovered some of the amazing birds visiting our backyard.
Plenty of green and trees.
 
A male Orange-bellied flower-pecker.
The female.
A Sunbird eyeing the Japanese roses.
Then .. sucking the nectar.
A small flock of "Burung Pipit" or house sparrows looking for food in the garden turf. These are the very common birds found in Sabah.
A pair of "Peaceful Doves". They usually come for feeding in the morning and in later afternoon.
 
A spotted dove
The green pigeons on the branches of the Bayan tree behind my house.
It's breeding season - caught them mating on camera!
    A "bulbul" was looking for fruits on the Bayan tree.

No comments: