Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BORNEO GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB

Last week, I was invited by a group of senior golfers to have a game at Borneo Golf and Country club. I did not believed what I was seeing when I took my approach shot to the first green. I have no words to describe the condition of the green. It was horrible.
 The first green
It was unbelievable - This Par 72 Golf course used to be one of the top courses in the region after it was established in the late 90s. Most of the putting greens were in deplorable condition.    
The first 9 holes were deserted with no workers. It seemed that the management has given up maintaining the course for quite a while.  
On the second line, the fairways were slightly better but some of the greens were not acceptable.   
  The 17th green was a disaster. 
It is a shame and sad to see this golf course designed by the “Greatest Golfer of the Century”, Jack Nicklaus in such a poor condition. It still has a superb layout with challenging  water hazards. I was told that there have been some "problems" faced by the owner of this club. I hope the management can restore and bring back the glory of this once prestige Golf and Country club

No comments: