Monday, January 30, 2012

KAMPUNG KIULU and DURIANS

Yesterday, we spent half a day with my nephew's family in kampung Kiulu. The Kiulu river was at it's best providing a cool environment in the afternoon heat.
We were not really interested in the river but the fruits of the kampung. Rambutans were in abundance and ready for harvest. 
"Rambutan"  
It was my lucky day when I stumbled upon a durian that just fell off the tree.
A whole basket of durians were picked up for the afternoon snack.  
  Everybody was happy and ready for the feast !
 
Very creamy "kampung durian"
These exotic "kampung" durians were of the smaller size but their flesh were creamy, sweet with a bit of bitterness. I prefer them to those of the Thai or the popular Malaysian D24.

It was a good afternoon of fun and the wonderful "durians". "Thank you" to the in-laws of my nephew!   

No comments: