Thursday, November 13, 2008

WALK IN THE PARKS - BRISBANE

During my 2 weeks stay in Brisbane, I spent most of the evenings walking in the parks near the university of Queensland, enjoying the beautiful environment and many species of birds and plants. These are the pictures I took and would like to share with friends who read my blog. The “Galah” is a lovely Australia bird with a soft grey back, a gorgeous pink face and underbelly. The “Galah” is one of the most widespread of Australia's parrots, being found almost everywhere in Australia.















I like watching this big bird, the great Sulphur-crested Cockatoo. These birds are probably one of the best known bird in Australia. Rainbow Lorikeets are beaufiful birds but are very noisy when they are feeding.








They blend in well with the leaves and flowers and it's difficult to spot them. Magpies is also a common Austrlia birds. They are highly intelligent and curious creatures. They are not afraid of people. I took this picture at a very close range
Beautful flowers seen in the park.

I will share more pictures in my next publication.

No comments: