Saturday, July 12, 2008

TEMPTING DELICACIES - THE FILIPINO CUISINE

Filipino food is a unique mixture of eastern and western cuisine. The Filipino cuisine is a fascinating blend of Malay, Spanish and Chinese cultures. The 'national' dishes of the Philippines include adobo, lumpia, sinigang, bistek and lechon. I went through the food court of the SM city Cebu and Ayala Center to sample the Filipino delicacies while my family was busy shopping.
Majority of the traditional Filipino cuisine can be found in the Food Court
"Lechon"













Filipino style Brinjal omelets







BBQ delights







Giant squids and fish




Seafood










Stewed pork and eggs
"JOLLIBEE" a franchise of the Philippines can be found everywhere in the city and most of them are opened 24 hours!
Walking out of the food court I found this "eye catching" cake shop.
I put on 2 kilos after 3 days of "sampling food" in Cebu city.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great! You've posted all my favorite food. I miss to eat that giant squid. Lalo na yung lechon cebu. Wow ang sarap. Lechon cebu is the best lechon I've ever taste. Ang sarap ng lechon nila. Galalaway tuloy ako sa post mo.

Keep up the good work and keep on posting.