Monday, December 10, 2012

PAPAR - OF DURIAN & SATAY

An unplanned trip to Papar landed us in the durian paradise. The fruit market was full of durians on that Sunday afternoon. It's the "KING" peak season - durians from all over the countryside as far as Lawas in Sarawak!     
My favourite - extra creamy with a bit of bitterness! 
 Prices ranged from RM3.00 - RM8.00 per kg.
After the feast, my brother in-law recommended that we go for the popular "Kampong Satay" in town.  
    Satay with Ketupat (rice) and peanut sauce.
These seasoned, skewered and grilled meat were just delicious.
The Satay stall's boss was hard at work, busy grilling the satay for more customers.

It has been a very long time since I gave myself such a good treat with both durian and satay in one afternoon. As we were leaving, my brother and sister in-law were already talking about returning to Papar before the durian season ends.    

No comments: