Monday, March 7, 2011

RETURN TO KLIAS WETLAND

I returned to Klias Wetland after a year on a tour with a group of Japanese students last Friday.
This is the main attraction of the jungle river cruise - the Proboscis monkey. I took the Klias river cruise package, operated by Borneo Authentic Adventure Sdn. Bhd.
It was a pleasant walk of less than a minute to their jetty and restaurant using the plank walk.This open-air restaurant built on stilts can accommodate about 150 people. Refreshment - coffee or tea with the traditional Malay cookies and cakes.Visitors can venture into the wetland jungle through another plank walk to take a closer look at the wetland and flora. This operator has a fleet of 10 long boats - A boatman was getting ready for the cruise.Cruising along the Klias river in search of the Proboscis monkeys and other wildlife, like the monitor lizards and water birds. The silver leaf monkeys and macaques are also in abundance in the area. The long boats returning just before sunset for dinner before the second outing to watch fireflies.
A varieties of Malay dishes to pick. The meal was delicious. I gave the kitchen team 9/10 points. I noticed that some the Japanese students went for second and even a third round.
.
It was a pleasant trip. I had a fabulous time revisiting the wetland. The "Kampung" (local) Malay cuisine was marvellous!.

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hello Mr Wong, I was checking out KK airport came across your very nice blog. I must say I really enjoyed looking thru your very well taken pics.

I too was a long time ago once a tourist guide, but only for 6 months as I realized it was not my calling, ha ha. business was.

I can imagine the fun and many adventures you have not to mention the many new friends.
Hope one day, someday I can call on you for your expert services.

You keep well, best regards.
Lee.