Friday, January 21, 2011

AN UNLUCKY DAY TO FLY

I was very disappointed with Malaysia Airlines for the two hours delayed without any prior information when I travelled from Kuala Lumpur back to Kota Kinabalu. During check-in, I was told by the staff that my original flight was cancelled and I have been transferred to another flight leaving three hours later. Surprisingly, no apology from the check-in staff nor offering any refreshment for the cancellation. I asked for the reasons of the cancellation, he just said " I don't know, may be operational reason ". I asked further if I could have a voucher for refreshment (normally refreshment is given by full service Airlines when there is a delay for more than one hour), he just said " No voucher, I think we have to cut cost!" I did not believe my ears!
Anyway, there was no further delay and we were the 2nd to take-off after this B738.
I had a clear view of the runway - from my window seat .
Take - off was smooth but the seat belt sign remained on for about 30 minutes as the aircraft was climbing through severe turbulence. I was relieved when the aircraft finally cleared the clouds.
I always prefer daylight flight with good weather so I can relax and enjoy the view.
This cloud pattern indicated good weather as the aircraft continued to climb to the flight level of 37,000 ft (as announced by the Captain)
At cruising level.
Time to enjoy the in flight meal but unfortunately what was left was this fried beef with noodles when the service reached my seat.
It was not too good, the beef was tough and the noodles were very dry.
Passing a beautiful cloud pattern.
The descend into Kota Kinabalu was not comfortable with the seat belt sign on 30 minutes before landing. It was raining heavily around Kota Kinabalu. We finally landed safely at 18:05 in the evening 2 hours behind my schedule.

No comments: