Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BIRTHDAY TREAT

26 June 2008 - a day to remember. It was my wife's birthday. I actually planned to to treat her to another Japanese restaurant since we were not satisfied with Nagasaki. We had a surprise visitor that evening - my brother-in-law turned up unexpectedly. He offered to celebrate the birthday with a dinner treat in an "Indian" restaurant. I have no objection since he was paying.

This was the "Indian" restaurant selected for the occassion - the famous Krishna's "fish head" curry restaurant.

The banana leaf set-up A selection of tasty mixed vegetables with white rice
The famous FISH HEAD CURRY
Deep fried quails - a delicacy of Krishna's

Very high cholestrol lamb curry Prawns in sambal sauce
To me, Krishna's Indian restaurant was definitely a good choice that evening. I loved the fish head and the lamb curry which I have not touched for a very long time.

This is what was left! All gone except the bones.
This basket of flowers was arranged by my SIL for the occassion
It took my daughter half a day to get the cake in shape. Surprisingly the cake was delicious!
Overall, it was an enjoyable evening. I had no regrets! Indian food was definitely much better than Japanese in Borneo.

No comments: